Apple Almond Waffle topped with fruit
Just like I mentioned in the Almond Banana Pancake post, having eggs everyday can get old. And although the pancakes are amazing, having another option is great. These Apple Almond Waffles are simple and delicious. They are made mainly with almond flour, applesauce, and a little bit of coconut. You can top them with pure maple syrup, fruit, or even nuts – just like you would for any other waffle.
Apple Almond Waffle topped with butter, syrup, and nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 T pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or peeled/grated apple)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, syrup, vanilla and water.
- Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Add applesauce and coconut. Stir well.
- In a preheated, greased waffle iron, scoop about 3/4 cup of batter onto iron and cook until golden brown (or according to your waffle irons' instructions).
- Top with pure maple syrup and your favorite fruit or nuts.
Please follow and like us: